Welcome to MEDIA ARTS CENTER SAN DIEGO!
We present opportunities for our team to meet international media artists, movie celebrities and, at the same time, gain an outstanding experience in the media arts field through cross-cultural communication, public and media relations, event organization, educational and youth outreach, as well as community participation.
Media and Technology Instructors
We are currently seeking instructors to assist with our Teen Producer’s Project and Digital Gym New Media Lab evening workshops. Workshops and tutorials can relate to, but are not limited to, audio or video production, post-production, film, radio, web, multi-media performance, and digital design. Volunteer instructors may receive the opportunity to attend another workshop of their choice at no cost. A pool of instructors is being formed so that we can find the best fit and expertise.
1. Event Coordinator for our 2nd Annual Sabor Latino one day food/beer/wine festival (March 18th). I think we have someone to assist with finding the chefs/wineries, but we’re looking for an overall even planner to coordinate this aspect of the film festival. This is only in its’ 2nd year, so we’re still winging it a little bit. But, it was overall successful for the first time. This was last year’s event.. http://sdlatinofilmfestival.com/sabor-latino/ Set up, break down, tents/booths/stages/sound/music/artist booths/sponsors, etc..
2. Special Events Coordinator. Some of our smaller events that take place before and during the film festival need to be coordinated. Media Kick Off Party (150 people, Feb 23rd). Opening Night Reception/Press Conference (100, March 16). Awards Ceremony (100 or so. Held in conjunction w/ Simon Fashion Show). VIP/Filmmaker tents (nightly, March 16-26), 20 or so people, food, drinks, swag, etc.. donations). 3-4 misc in store activations during 11 day film fest (press conferences, depending on talent and their availability, small receptions, VIP only, etc.).
3. Festival Operations Manager. Daily set up, break down. Tents/tables/equipment/stages/rentals. Volunteer Management/Coordinator (pre and during fest). On site budgeting. Coordinate food for staff/volunteers (seek donations). Coordinate community partner booths. Ticket lines/communication with inside theater managers.
4. Special Guest Coordinator (USA Talent only). Invite USA Latino actors. Arrange hotels/travel/ground transportation/daily itineraries, etc. Pre and during film fest. 25+ actors/filmmakers. Appox 2-4 per day of festival. Swag bags. Food for guests (seek donations).
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org / 619-230-1938
* PERKS! MACSD staff & independent contractors receive free theater and reception admission for two people to various MEDIA ARTS CENTER SAN DIEGO programs (i.e. Digital Gym CINEMA movies, San Diego Latino Film Festival, Cinema en tu Idioma & Digital Media Workshops)
*Note*-MEDIA ARTS CENTER SAN DIEGO internship program welcomes students and recent graduates who wish to broaden their education and professional experience by working and learning in a not-for-proﬁt media center. All departments offer experiential education in a challenging, hands-on environment in exchange for a substantive contribution from talented and interested individuals. At this time, MEDIA ARTS CENTER SAN DIEGO does not offer paid internships but does participate in some cooperative education programs. Students interested in cooperative education or academic credit should contact their college placement office or counselor for more information.